Summer is almost over, which means time is running out to get your home in shape to defend itself against colder, wetter weather. Whether your gutters aren’t in the best shape or your driveway is looking worse for wear, it’s a good idea to the ball rolling on your home repairs and projects before fall arrives.
That said, here are three projects that may need your attention before those long summer days get shorter.
- Driveway resurfacing. From salt to ice, winter takes a major toll on your driveway. If you don’t resurface your driveway during the summer months to make the surface nice and smooth, you can end up with bumps and divets that can hurt your vehicle later on. To save yourself the frustration of hitting a pothole in front of your own home, contact your local paving services before summer’s over to get your driveway back under control.
- Gutter cleaning and repairs. Fall is the season where it likes to rain, which means your gutters need to be in good shape to handle the extra water. Gutters that are broken or clogged can cause water buildup along your home’s siding, leading to water damage and mold. Make sure your gutters are clear of leaves and debris and that your gutter system is securely attached to your roof.
- Roofing repairs. Your roof needs some extra love and attention during the summer months. Like your gutters, your roof will face an onslaught of rain, leaves, and debris during the fall. If you can see sunlight coming in through your attic, you have some holes in your roof or shingles that need to be patched up. The last thing you want to worry about during the winter months is a leak.
Looking for professional paving solutions?
Over 90% of parking areas in the U.S. are surfaced with asphalt pavement and summer is one of the best times of the year to repair or repave those areas. If you’re looking for professional paving solutions and asphalt services, Johnny’s Asphalt is the place for you.
Johnny’s Asphalt offers driveway resurfacing and commercial pavings services so you can keep your home or business looking great year-round. For more information on our commercial and residential paving services, contact Johnny’s Asphalt today.
Homeowners choose to have their home’s driveways paved to a variety of reasons. A newly paved driveway adds value to the home and property. A nice looking paved driveway is inviting to guests and visitors. It provides a handsome landing for one’s automobiles.
The reasons to go with a residential paving service is also varied. We will look at four common reasons to hire a residential paving service.
- Rapid installation. Time is money. A residential paving service can pave a homeowner’s driveway professionally and quickly. Asphalt is the fast curing and drying material; however, concrete is a paving option that is popular, although it does cure as quickly as asphalt.
- Inexpensive maintenance. Time brings wear and tear. Both concrete and asphalt driveways can crack and deteriorate with age. Wholesale replacement is the option for a cracked concrete driveway, whereas an asphalt paved driveway can be “patched” through heating and resurfacing methods. Maintaining and repairing an asphalt driveway provides the homeowner lower costs.
- Attractive appearance. Concrete driveways are susceptible to showing engine oil and coolant leaks. Asphalt, on the other hand, masks spots and leaks from automobile fluids. The darker color of asphalt hides unsightly stains. Also, asphalt can be sealed with a glossy outer coat that will give it an attractive appearance.
- Budget friendly. Asphalt driveways installed by a professional residential paving service is budget friendly. Asphalt can cost as little as half or a third or concrete pavement installation. Asphalt is budget friendly and that is a big plus.
Paving companies also provide concrete and asphalt paving services to commercial properties and municipalities. Gas stations, strip malls, and grocery store parking lots and their heavier vehicle traffic make paving a necessity. There are materials and procedures that ensure longer lifespans for these commercial parking lots.
Commercial and residential paving services also strip, curb, pave, and provide drainage options for their clients.
There are over 3,500 asphalt production companies across the United States, which produce over 350 million tons of material each year. You have options, which gives you an edge in finding competitive prices.
Residential and commercial paving services in your area are happy to provide you information on asphalt, concrete, rock, and other paving materials and installation costs. Get paving solutions from a professional. Call a professional residential paving service today to get your free estimate.